It’s Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl week! Mayor Tommy Chandler and Shreveport Mayor-elect Tom Arceneaux helped welcome the teams and coaches to the area Monday evening, as the countdown begins to game day. The University of Louisiana at Lafayette Ragin’ Cajuns will take on the University of Houston Cougars at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, December 23, 2022 at Independence Stadium!
The City of Bossier City is proud to welcome all the visitors to our area for several events leading up to game day.
- Rally on the Red: Thursday, December 22, 2022, 6:30pm - 10:00pm - The Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl is not just about the game, it is about the whole bowl week experience! Fans can get the party started the night before the game with a trio of FREE events, including the Mardi Gras Preview Parade, Pep Rally and Battle of the Marching Bands and a FREE Parish County Line concert. The parade will kick off the night from the Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets and run through the East Bank District. That will lead into the Battle of the Bands, a fireworks show and the Parish County Line concert in the East Bank District! Cost: Free
- Mardi Gras Preview Parade & Battle of the Bands: Thursday, December 22, 2022, 6:30pm - 7:45pm - Get an early taste of what is to come during the Mardi Gras season with the Mardi Gras Preview Parade that features floats from local Krewes and the two university bands and spirit squads! The parade will start in the Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets and flow through the East Bank District in Bossier City! Following the parade, the two school marching bands will then face off in a Battle of the Marching Bands in the East Bank Plaza! After the Battle of the Bands, there will be a fireworks show leading into the Parish County Line concert to cap off the night! Cost: Free
- Parish County Line Concert: Thursday, December 22, 2022, 8:00 p.m. - Following the Mardi Gras Preview Parade and Pep Rally & Battle of the Marching Bands, there will be a FREE Parish County Line concert to cap off the night! You may have seen them in 2018, but Parish County Line is back once again for the Independence Bowl! Finishing off the night of festivities the day before the game, PCL will rock out for a free concert in Hurricane Alley in the East Bank District from 8-10 p.m. Cost: Free
- Big Game Show: Tuesday, December 20, 2022, 6:30pm - Before the teams take to the gridiron, they will have to battle it out in the “Big Game Show" at Riverview Theatre in Shreveport. Coaches and players from both teams will compete in an array of game show-style competitions, and the audience will have a chance to participate too! Cost: Free
- FCA Breakfast: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 7:30am - The annual Fellowship of Christian Athletes Breakfast is presented each year for the participating teams and their coaching and administrative staffs. Hosted by the NWLA FCA Chapter at the Shreveport Convention Center, this event annually hosts more than 500 guests, offering breakfast, and featured speakers who give their personal testimonies. Tickets: $10.