Office of the Mayor
In City government operations, the Mayor submits the annual budget and five-years capital improvement program and a public report on finances and administrative activities at the end of each fiscal year. The Mayor keeps the City Council informed as to the financial condition and future needs of the city and makes recommendations, as he deems appropriate.
Power of the Mayor
The Mayor shall be required and have the power to:
- Enforce all City laws and ordinances.
- Appoint, suspend or, when necessary, remove for just cause all officers and employees of the City as specified by the City Charter or other law or personnel rules adopted pursuant to the charter.
- Exercise administrative supervision and control over all City departments.
- Speak at any Council meeting, but shall not have the power to vote.
- Veto in writing any ordinance passed by the council. The council may override the veto of the Mayor if 5 members vote in favor of the ordinance.
Public Records Requests
City of Bossier City public records requests may be submitted to the attention of Mayor Chandler.
Requests in writing can be mailed to:
Public Records Custodian
Mayor Thomas H. Chandler
P.O. Box 5337
Bossier City, LA 71171-5337
Or sent electronically to email@example.com
Public records request may also be faxed to 318-741-8972.
Fee Schedule for Records
All costs for records must be prepaid.
The cost per page (letter or legal) for printed black/white documents, hard copies of documents, or records scanned for electronic production is $1.00 per page. The cost per page (letter or legal) for printed color documents is $2.00 per page. The cost per page for oversize printed documents will be the actual cost of reproduction by an outside vendor.
There is no fee for the electronic transmission of records. Documents which are too large to be emailed due to the media format or data size can be placed on a USB digital storage device for a $25.00 fee.
Bossier City shall not use media/digital devices provided by a requestor in order to avoid malicious threats to Bossier City’s devices and networks.
A requestor may be required to narrow the scope of a request in order to avoid burdensome costs for requests that may generate large responsive productions.
There is no charge for viewing a record (by appointment only) during normal business hours and there is no charge for taking a photo of a record utilizing a personal handheld scanning device such as a mobile phone.
Phone: 318-741-8501 Fax: 318-741-8972
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. M-F