Traffic Engineering Division
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Manufacture and maintain traffic regulatory, warning, guide and special message signs on city property or in city right-of-way.
2. Maintain traffic control devices at 67 La/DOTD, 6 city and 5 parish signalized intersections. Maintain LA/DOTD advance warning signals and school zone flashers.
3. Maintain roadway lighting systems on I-20, I-220, US79/80, LA782 to I-220, west bound span of Shreveport-Barksdale Bridge, Texas Street Bridge, Arthur Ray Teague Parkway, Traffic Street (Barksdale Blvd./I-20 to Texas St.), River Colony Drive and Louisiana Boardwalk parking lots.
4. Report all other street lighting to AEP/SWEPCO for maintenance and new installations.
5. Perform Traffic Studies and Crash Analysis to recommend roadway and traffic control improvements. Maintain these records as well as all the maintenance records.
6. Provide traffic data to organizations and individuals for planning purposes.
7. Respond to citizen's concerns in a positive and timely manner.
8. Assist the other departments in the City when requested.